Hands-on viscometry/light scattering training
This seminar covers all aspects for working with advanced detection methods and instruments for the determination of molar masses, sizes, and structures of macromolecules and biopolymers in solution. Lectures providing the theoretical background on (multi angle) light scattering and viscometry will be followed by hands-on training sessions on practical aspects and data processing. Tutored discussions in small workgroups and a trouble shooting session ensure that all aspects of molar mass sensitive detection are trained efficiently. Each group has its own tutor, an experienced polymer chemist, to discuss also special applications and questions.
Who should attend?
• All scientists working with techniques to determine the molar mass and the size of polymers in solution.
• Scientists interested in adding molar mass sensitive detection to their equipment.
• Users of light scattering and viscometry detectors (triple detectors) independent on the brand.
How you will benefit!
• will be able to select the best and most precise method for an application task
• acquire the theoretical background to perform accurate and precise measurements and analysis
• will understand how to set up, optimize and troubleshoot instruments
• have the skills to recognize good data and result quality
Back to Event List