Browse through our FAQs to find out more.
Flexible, feature-rich and designed for ease-of-use
- Designed from ground-up for dealing with heterogeneity of macromolecules and distributions
- Unparalleled functionality and calibration options for GPC/SEC/GFC, Interaction Polymer Chromatography and 2-dimensional Chromatography
- Compliant and validated, Compliance Pack for enhanced traceabilty and data integrity
- comprehensive System Suitability Tests with automatic pass/fail reporting to various standards (USP, EP, ISO, ASTM, etc)
- compliant to GPC/SEC standards: ISO 13885, ISO 16014, ISO 11344, ASTM D 5296, ASTM D 6474, DIN 55672, OECD Guidelines for the Testing of Chemicals (REACH)
- compliant to regulations: US Code of Federal Regulations, Part 11, Title 21 (21 CFR 11), Eudralex Chapter 4, Annex 11
- Software Modules and Workflows for specific tasks
- Up to 4 independent time bases for 4 instruments with 6 detectors each
- Networked and local instrument connectivity:
- (3rd Party) ChromPilot Acquisition and Control for > 300 different LC modules and specialty GPC/SEC detectors
- for all others: 3rd Party Data Acquisition with PSS Interfaces
- Conventional GPC (Gel Permeation Chromatography), SEC (Size Exclusion Chromatography), GFC (Gel Filtration Chromatography)
- GPC/SEC/GFC-Light Scattering Detection (static, dynamic) (1-angle, multi angle)
- GPC/SEC/GFC-Triple Detection
- GPC/SEC/GFC-FTIR hyphenation
- GPC/SEC/GFC-Mass Spectrometry hyphenation
- GPC/SEC/GFC Dual Detection
- HPLC Quantification
- CE Quantification
- SFC Quantification
- HDC (Hydrodynamic Chromatography)
- Interaction Polymer Chromatography (IPC)
- Isocratic/Gradient Chromatography
- Chromatography under Critical Conditions
- Chromatography under Limiting Conditions
- Temperature Gradient Interaction Chromatography (TGIC)
- Temperature Rising Elution Fractionation (TREF)
- 2D-Chromatography (HPLC/IPC, GPC/SEC/GFC, TGIC/TREF, IC, CE, GC, FFF)
- Heart-Cutting 2D
- Multiple Heart-Cutting 2D
- Automated fraction collection/re-injection 2D
- Comprenhensive online 2D
- Offline 2D
- Narrow standard calibration
- Broad standard calibration (sevaral including broad on narrow)
- Integral/Cumulative match calibration
- Universal calibration (GPC/SEC/GFC-Viscometry) (requires Viscometry module)
- Light scattering calibration (GPC/SEC/GFC-LS) (requires LS or MALLS module)
- Universal calibration using Mark-Houwink coefficients
- Detector calibration for concentration determination/HPLC Quantification
- Radii calibration
- Heparin End Group calibration (requires Heparin/End group module)
- Dextran EP/USP calibration
- Mass Spectrometry calibration (requires Mass Spectrometry module)
- Chemical Heterogeneity (based on composition standards, requires Chemical Heterogeneity module)
- Copolymer Composition (based on dual detection, requires Copolymer module)
3rd Party Control
|Manufacturer||Component||PSS Driver P/N|
|Agilent Technologies||Infinity II/I, 1290/1260/1200/1100, 1220/1120, MDS (all modules)||400-1081|
|ERC/Idex Health & Science||Refractomax RI series||400-1084|
|PL/Varian||GPC50 series, 390 detectors, ELS detectors||400-1081|
|Shimadzu Corporation||Nexera, Prominence, LC20, LC10, i-Series, LC40||400-1083|
|Showa Denko||Shodex RI 500/200/100 series||400-1084|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific (Dionex)||UPLC Focused, UltiMate 3000 (Nano, Standard, Basic, semi-preparative)||400-1082|
|Waters Corporation||Alliance, Acquity APC||400-1085 400-1091|
|PSS||(Bio)SECcurity, (Bio)SECcurity², SLD7x00, DVD1260, SLD2020, SLD9000, HDC||included|
|Multi instrument control||Adds additional time bases to WinGPC. One WinGPC License can acquire data from up to four instruments.|
|Compliance Pack||Enables to meet the requirements for GAMP, GxP, ICH, and FDA 21 CFR part 11.|
|3D Spectra||Adds omprehensive analysis and presentation of 3D-data fields for PDA/DAD or Fluorescence detectors.|
|Light scattering modules||2 separate Modules for Single Angle (RALS/RALLS, LALS/LALLS) and Multi Angle (MALS/MALLS) Light Scattering. Both modules include static and dynamic light scattering.|
|Viscosity||Adds universal calibration option, viscosity results and Mark-Houwink Plots. Includes Triple detection option when a light scattering module is present.|
|Heparin/End group||Adds determination of the functionality distribution and end-group-based calibration e.g. for LMWH (low molecular weight heparin based on EP).|
|Copolymer Analysis||Adds determination of the comonomer distribution and copolymer calibration based on composition.|
|Chemical Heterogeneity||Adds determination of the average chemical composition, skew and width of the compositional distribution as well as calibration based on composition standards.|
|2D Chromatography||Combines the separation power of two different chromatographic methods (dimensions), supports offline, heart-cut and comprehensive online 2D. Allows for calibration of both dimensions to measure e.g. chemical composition and molar mass distribution simultaneously.|
|Mass Spectrometry||Adds data import of masss spectrometry files from ChemStation, MassHunter, Xcalibur and MassLynx with automatic assignement of degree of charge, degree of polymerization and the molar mass of the end group. Allows to create MS based calibration curves to determine true molar masses.|
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Data Integrity
With which instruments can I use WinGPC?
Data capture can be accomplished with almost every analysis instrument from any vendor. The only prerequisite is the presence of analog signal outputs at each device.
For various instruments it is also possible to control them. Besides the PSS instruments the following manufacturers and models are supported:
- Agilent LC 1100/1120/1200/1220/1260/1290
- Thermo/Dionex UHPLC+, UltiMate
- Shimadzu Nexera, LC-2010/20A/10A/8A LC
- Shodex RI10x/20x
- Tosoh EcoSEC
Do I need to have access to the internet to run WinGPC?
No, after installation WinGPC comprises all functions to acquire and analyse data. The WinGPC database has been specifically developed for WinGPC, registration of each single installation is NOT rerquired.
Is WinGPC limited to GPC/SEC related work?
No, WinGPC is a multi-method CDS with focus on macromolecular characterization. It covers all techniques for in-depth characterization of natural and synthetic bio(polymers) and proteins.
We have multiple instruments which we want to operate with a single software solution. Can WinGPC handle mutiple instruments?
Yes, this was on the design specs from day one. You can operate WinGPC in a workstation installation with up to 4 instruments from different (or the same) vendors. Networked installations can operate up to 4 instruments per license and a client/Server installation can handle even more with just a single installation on a centralized server.
Which functionalities are present in WinGPC without any software modules?
WinGPC functionality includes data acquisition, data storage in the WinGPC data base, access to the column database, automated and interactive data analysis including system performance tests, HPLC and Multi area analysis, software wizards, calibration (narrow, broad, cumulative match, universal calibration based on Mark-Houwink coefficients, Dextran EP/USP), result calculation including result uncertainty and standard reporting.
Which possibilities for automated data capture and analysis are given in WinGPC?
Quick analysis provides batch processing including atuomated calibration.
Which tools help unexperienced users to operate WinGPC?
Novice users can use the WinGPC wizards. Those will guide you step-by-step through specific tasks. WinGPC videos and the quick reference guides offer on-demand support.
Can I use WinGPC to measure the quality of my signals and system? Can I assess the precision of my GPC results with WinGPC?
WinGPC offers comprehensive system performance tests meeting the requirements of national and international standards. Based on signal quality, calibration quality and system stability WinGPC determines the result uncertainty for all results.
Is WinGPC fully compliant to FDA 21CFR11 and ISO9001?
The optional Compliance Pack adds all functionality to allow for full compliance with 21CFR part 11 and GxP.
Is it possible to control access to WinGPC for selected users?
Access can be limited to selected users when the Compliance Pack is licensed. In non-regulated environments WinGPC use can be password-protected.
Are there different user levels given in WinGPC?
The Compliance Pack provides 4 levels (administrator, advanced user, user, guest). WinGPC comes with recommended privileges for each level, but of course the selection can be adapted to each organization's needs.
How does WinGPC ensure that no data can get lost?
All WinGPC data are stored in the propriatery WinGPC database. Each injection is automatically documented with it's date and time stamp.
How does WinGPC prevent manipulation of data and results?
All WinGPC data (raw data, meta data, calibration data etc.) are stored in the WinGPC data base. Data are encrypted and saved in projects comprising several data files. Raw data can never be manipulated, as all operations (inter detector delay correction, (optional) flow-correction, analysis etc.) are perfomed with a copy of the raw data.
What is the curren WinGPC version?
PSS WinGPC UniChrom 8.3 SR3, Build number: 9050 (released: September 2019)
Updates to WinGPC UniChrom are available, contact us for a quote.
Which kind of support is offered by PSS for WinGPC?
The PSS software team offers comprehensive support. Your contact is not only a WinGPC expert, but also trained in macromolecular chemistry and physics and will organize inhouse support from other PSS departments such as the column department or the contract analysis department.
PSS uses TeamViewer for online support. For those organizations where IT does not allow that the WinGPC database concept allows for easy exchange of information to answer questions efficiently.
PSS offers also preferred software support contracts with guaranteed reaction times.
The WinGPC Newsletter (4 editions per year) offers Tips&Tricks and Application notes. You can sign-up here to receive information.